Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Notes of Autumn.

It seems as though Fall is finally making it's debut here in Desert, Arizona. Though Japanese Maple and the Mighty Oak are rarities in this part of the country, we are still lucky enough to see some color-shifts amongst the trees.
 
The Mulberry in my front yard has finally yellowed and begun to lose its leaves...
 
...so I finally felt inspired to finish up a few fall knitted items that I had begun in-between our home renovations. I created these "Fall Foliage Fingerless Gloves" from 100% Peruvian Highland Wool from Knit Picks Palette in a beautiful cornmeal color.
 
The upper-side has the bobbles and leaf motif. The underside is just the leaves. 
 
I created this aran cowl from Debbie Bliss' Cashmerino Aran in a lovely pumpkin hue.

 
And, since I loved the aran design so much, I created a super-slouchy hat with the same design. Created from a cashmerino in a spicy cinnamon color.

 

 
I possibly have some patterns in the works, so I will be sure to post as soon as (if) they are available!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment